UNIT 28 ~ The Home Stretch

UNIT 28 ~ The Home Stretch

by Kenneth Rolling -
Number of replies: 0

"So run that you may obtain it."

A Few Notes for the Week:

CLT 8 - THIS WEEK!
     Dates Available: April 29-May 3
     Group Test Time: FRIDAY, May 3, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM  (see our CLT suite for the link)
     Notes: Special schedule for all 8th grade classes --teachers will seek to complete extra homework in class.
     To Do Immediately:
     > Read through the instruction in our CLT course suite.
     > Do some practice questions, if you have a bit of time.
     > Contact Mrs. Walker, if there is any problem with your account.

CLT - May 11  (11th and 12th grades)
     > Be sure to get in and read through the CLT suite and try out a practice test, if at all possible this week.

GRADE BOOK SWITCH: The gradebooks have been altered so that all empty slots are counted as zeros.  Please scrutinize your grade books for missed items or any problems in setup. 

POEM of the WEEK: "Sea Fever" by John Masefield.  Recited by Heidi Peter.

Student and instructor contributions for "Poem of the Week" are welcome.  Send a message to Mr. Rolling with "Poem of the Week," and the title and author of the poem you would like to recite

OFFICE HOUR CANCELLATION: Mr. Rolling will have no office hours on Friday, May 3

REMINDERS: Summer Camp Sign-UpYearbook PurchaseEnrollment Open

WISDOM of ST. PAUL: "I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.  Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Well, I do not run aimlessly, I do not box as one beating the air; but I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."—1 Corinthians 9:23-27