Site news

UNIT 3 ~ Sorting Things Out

UNIT 3 ~ Sorting Things Out

by Kenneth Rolling -
Number of replies: 0

Wool Sorting
Wool Sorting in Sydney, Australia

READ the FEEDBACK ~ Check your grades and read the feedback on units 1 and 2.  Be sure to follow any suggestions for completing the work as you tackle Unit 3.

COMPOSITION DEADLINES ~ Several of our COMP classes have a final draft due this week.  
Don't forget - COMPS DON'T ALLOW LATE WORK!  
Be sure to prioritize comp work in order to get your assignment in on time.

BIRTHDAYS ~ The school's wonderful secretary, Mrs. Walker, has added all the student birthdays to the calendar.  Check your date and let her know in messaging, if yours is missing.  Then, check the calendar to track birthdays throughout the year!

Heronshaw House ShieldLEAGUE SORTING ~  Our annual house sorting event is this week.  See details on the League page.  All are welcome at the event!  Join a house to win the "House Cup"; Heronshaw was last year's winner.  
   New League Members >> Finish up the mini-challenges in Act I to be sorted into a house.
   Old League Members >> Finish up Act I to get reactivated and ready to tackle the new year.

CHESS WORKSHOPS - NEW DATES ~ A wonderful opportunity to learn or get better at the game of chess.  The class is a six week program of games, exercises, and weekly homework, as well as free opportunities for tournaments.  
These workshops with Mr. Bloom were a hit last year and we are very pleased to bring them back.
To allow more time for enrollment, a new date has been set:

POEM of the WEEK: "America for Me" by Henry Van Dyke.  Recited by Markus Braaten.
Student and instructor contributions for "Poem of the Week" are welcome.  Send a message to Mr. Rolling with "Poem of the Week," and the title and author of the poem you would like to recite.

WISDOM of the SAINTS ~ "The nature of water is soft, and the nature of stone is hard; but if a bottle is hung above a stone, allowing the water to fall down drop by drop, it wears away the stone.  So it is with the Word of God: it is soft and our heart is hard, but the man who hears the Word of God often opens his heart to the fear of God."  Saint Poemen (ca. A.D. 400)